We are currently looking for an Electronics Design & Validation Engineer
Niko, a member of BDNA, is the market leader in Belgium that produces solutions for switching material, access control, light control and home automation. Niko is fully committed to well-considered design, high-quality products and an environmentally friendly production process, and is investing significantly in research and development.
Within this design philosophy, Niko constantly strives to bring innovative, aesthetically attractive and user-friendly products to the market. “HOW CAN WE MAKE YOUR BUILDINGS WORK BETTER FOR YOU?”, IS THE QUESTION WE ASK OURSELVES EVERY MORNING AT NIKO
Duties & Responsibilities
– Work together with our Sr. Technology Engineer as the technical interface/liaison with our suppliers and vendors in Asia to ensure quality consistency.
– Introduce new smart home products from concept design to mass production, together with our ODM/OEM suppliers in Asia.
• write and review technical specifications and test plans for new product developments
• translate specifications from English to Mandarin Chinese (or vice versa) as required
• assist in follow up and validation of supplier deliverables, both on software and hardware level
• validate reports from our supplier, provide constructive feedback and clarify follow-up instructions
• write test scripts to speed up testing and validation towards our suppliers
• design, develop and produce test equipment for functional approval testing
– Support in our search for and setting up new partnerships in Asia-Pacific region such as R&D centres, Universities in different technology domains including but not limited to AI or IoT.
– This role is based in Singapore but will require frequent travel in Asia Pacific region i.e. China, Taiwan, Thailand, etc.
Experience & Skillsets
– A degree/Master/Bachelor in Electrical/Electronic/Computer Science/Software Engineering, with 1 to 3 years’ experience in electronics design and firmware development, qualification and test
– Experience with electrical circuit drawing, design and de-bugging both digital and analog design
– Ability to use e-CAD design and simulation tools such as Altium Designer, PSpice, etc
– Skilled in wireless technology development and testing. Experience with Zigbee 3.0 is optional but an added advantage
– Knowledge in embedded Linux (such as but not limited to MQTT, HTTP) is a plus
– Experience in C/C++ and Objected Oriented Design. Familiar with the real time OS and principles
– Trained in Python programming for test automation purposes
– Ability to recognise and track issues in software/electronics hardware
– Has hands-on experience with electrical circuit testing and trouble-shooting
– Fluency in English and Mandarin, both spoken and written, is mandatory as this role requires regular liaison with Chinese-speaking supplier
– Fast-learner to hit the ground running
– Able to work independently
– Able to manage multiple projects on tight timelines
– Has good communications and team-working skills
– Eligible to work in Singapore
Please submit your application here OR email Karel.VanHaver@niko.eu before 30 November 2019.